New & Noteworthy
Highland Strategies CEO Frank Campbell is cited and published on the national gun background check system:
- The Trace, Obama Is Asking the Team That Fixed Healthcare.gov to Work Its Magic on the Gun Background Check System, January 6, 2016
- The Trace, What Happened to the $1.3 Billion Congress Approved to Improve Federal Gun Background Checks?, July 27, 2015.
- Businessweek — No-Brainer Gun Control We Can Do Now, Paul Barrett, February 12, 2012.
- Gun Background Checks Work. Let's Fund Them. Frank A.S. Campbell, Bloomberg View, February 7, 2012.
- Here's an Easy Way to Improve Gun Safety, Frank A. S. Campbell, Special To AOL News, January 31, 2011.
- Report Card on Gun Background Checks Funding, Highland Strategies, LLC.
Highland Strategies CEO Frank Campbell recommends improved employment screening through broader private sector access to FBI criminal history record information - Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions: Law, Policy and Practice, Love, Roberts and Klingele - Frank Campbell, contributing author, Chapter 5 - WestLaw /NACDL Press (2016).
Highland Strategies, LLC, provides strategic consulting services in public policy and government affairs, with an emphasis on helping businesses and government agencies find effective, balanced, and secure ways to use information to enhance security and public safety. The firm supports clients in business development efforts and government relations in the arenas of law enforcement, public safety, homeland security, cyber security, and national security.
Meeting today’s public and private security needs requires developing efficient and secure technical solutions for accessing and sharing information from many public and private sources. The greater challenge, however, often lies in finding solutions that policy-makers can adopt with the public, political, or market acceptance that comes when individual privacy interests are protected and fair information practices are followed. Highland Strategies helps businesses and government agencies meet those challenges.
Highland Screening Resources is our background screening and investigative due diligence resource division. We help clients deploy a full range of employment screening services through our partnership with one of the premier consumer reporting agencies in the country. We also assist clients in the areas of international due diligence and corporate investigations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance, risk intelligence, proprietary research in overseas markets and strategic guidance based on competitive intelligence.
Frank A. S. Campbell, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, previously served as a Deputy Assistant Attorney General and Senior Counsel for Legal Policy at the United States Department of Justice during both the Clinton and Bush Administrations. Frank also served as an Assistant General Counsel at the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Highland Strategies, LLC
1101 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20004